My Top Tools Creating Videos on Instagram
Earlier this week, I went live on Instagram to showcase all the different tools I use to create the videos you would see on my Instagram and Tiktok! Taking videos for all these different social platforms is extremely important, especially with Instagram's recent announcement with it no longer being a photo-sharing app. Instead, it will become known as an "entertainment app" and will feature more videos. Craaaaazy, right?! 😲 This is why, more than ever, it is so crucial to be creating videos that make followers connect with you in a personal way. Trust me, I understand how difficult content creation can get, so I am thrilled to be sharing what has worked for me over the years and what tools I've discovered lately that has been a huge help! So if you're a creator like me, keep reading to discover which devices and video editing apps I use 🤓
Uniqu.us Phone Holder
- Pro's - compact, good counterweight (doesn't fall down), sturdy/not wobbly, great aesthetic
- Con's - some angles are limited. you may see it in the top down shots, need to remove my phone case as my phone is pretty big.
Uniqu.us has given me a code for you guys! Use KARLA10 at check out and here is a link for the Phone Holder.
Overhead Arm Phone Holder
- Pro's - Stable, decent counterweight (sometimes I need to add some more weight).
- Con's - limited height, the ball attachment isn't as sturdy but usable!
Dji Osmo Mobile 3 or 4
This one is a gimbal, which is a stabilizer - a little bit different from these other two. I personally love it for those beautiful panning shots for products, vlogging, and also just as an easy tabletop phone holder, like whenever I have IG Stories or Lives. I got it this device off Amazon!
- Pro's: Relatively inexpensive for a gimbal, super easy to setup
- Con's: Takes a little bit of getting use to if you haven't used one before
Before I had the first two phone holders, I used the gooseneck holder a lot. It is a bit shaky - I have to hold it to calm down the bouncing but it really does the job. I love how flexible it is in tight spaces and getting those angles. I also purchased this device from Amazon.
- Pro's: Can get those unique angles the first two can't, flexible solution for tight spaces.
- Con's: Can be bouncy, have to set up every time, can be a bit wobbly and shaky.
Overhead Phone Video Stand