Job Posting: Warehouse Lead / Fulfilment Manager
Warehouse Lead / Fulfilment Manager
Written Word is a modern calligraphy studio based in Richmond, BC. We create online calligraphy courses, calligraphy and stationery products and wedding invitations. We are dedicated to providing our customers and students a well-supported calligraphy journey – from curated calligraphy supplies in our online shop, to an online course academy ranging from beginner to intermediate to business-level courses. We just moved to our new HQ in Richmond, BC, and we are so excited to grow our product lines here. We are looking for a confident, hard-working, organized individual who will lead and manage the fulfilment operations at our HQ. The fulfilment manager oversees day-to-day warehouse operations related to inventory, product creation and fulfilling customer orders. This individual would report to our CEO/Owner to ensure we are maintaining consistent inventory levels, work closely with the rest of the fulfilment team, to ensure we are maintaining a high standard of accuracy, care and efficiency, thereby creating a great customer experience (and warehouse flow as well).
- Manage the flow of inventory in’s and out’s
- Prepare and stock products in an organized manner so that they are assembled, packaged and ready to be scanned and shipped
- Creating Labels, Picking and packing orders in efficiently and correctly, and dropping off shipments at the shipping locations in a timely manner
- Record inventory (both of product and packing supplies) levels including managing low stock and informing CEO/owner in advance
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Manage fulfilment team members including holding space for check-ins and proactive performance conversations and providing feedback if required
- Maintain tidiness / organization in the warehouse
- Occasional assembly for Written Word Invitations, which may involve wax sealing, ribbon-tying, etc.
- Has a vehicle
- Can legally work in Canada
- Experience working in fulfilment or warehouse situation
- Proficient in the use of computers and technology including Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Shopify, ShipStation, etc.
- Crafting / Assembly skills are an asset
- Warm, genuine, and heartfelt communication skills that engage and elevate people
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to problem-solve, embrace challenges, and find opportunities for growth and improvement
- Creative, artistic skills are a huge plus!
- Ability to manage your time and prioritize tasks effectively, independently, and respond to peaks and valleys in sales cycles to ensure smooth operations in the warehouse
- Competence in conflict resolution and a willingness and ability to have difficult conversations and manage team performance proactively
- Impressive attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to perform in high-pressure situations that require speed when meeting deadlines or productivity quotas
- Physical requirements of the position include: ability to work on your feet and lift/move/push products/boxes up to 50lbs frequently throughout the day
- Position Type: Full-Time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm / 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Salary: Salary will be determined based on level of skills and qualifications
How to Apply
- Qualified applicants can send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com